Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Time and the Living is Easy!



Well the school year has ended for the students but not really for the teachers. We still go to workshops, read and research, as well as make activities and plan for the upcoming year! For those who think we only work 10 months a year.....Raspberries to you!!!! All the returning teachers at my school took home professional development books to study and share with their team!! But oh the research is so much fun! And I can do most of my work and research in my PJ's, no makeup, and  shhhh no bra!
 Pinterest is now a great resource for us teachers. But I warn you it is addictive.. Very Very ADDICTIVE!! But wow at the ideas I have for my classroom and my students!! This will be my first full year as a kindergarten teacher as I came in half way through the year. So after thoroughly emptying out every cabinet, closet, and cubby, I have rearranged the "stuff" to fit MY needs and wishes. I have wonderful ideas as to how to arrange my classroom furniture and centers to better fit the needs of my students! We will have a new literacy curriculum next year focusing more on Work Work/Four Blocks than the old scripted Imagine It we once used. And I cannot wait! Well check on soon as I will be adding projects that I am working on as well as how they worked out and changes to be made!!

No comments:

Post a Comment