Monday, July 22, 2013

Anchor Charts Away!!

Well they say teachers have the summer off...Yea right!!! Anchor charts are my new obsession! I love making them and I love using them in my classroom! The visual they provide for the children is perfect! So here are a few I have made this summer! So this first chart is for Reading Workshop. I Notice-I want the kids to "Notice" happenings in the story and eventually write them on post-its and ....well Post it!
This chart I hope will help with their pictures. By adding details I know it will help them to visualize and then to be a better writer.
But now this is my favorite one so far and I plan on using the whole Superhero/Super Powers a lot! I mean think about it! All kids love a Superhero and to instill in them the fact that they have super powers that helps them read???? Well let’s just say can't wait! HUMMM I might just have to get a cape or two as well! Here is an idea I took from one I saw on Pinterest and adjusted it to fit my classroom!
I will use the I SPY Anchor Chart during Staggered Entry and during the first few days of the school year to help my students become familiar with their classroom. I will have Post-it notes in each square. The students will take and place them in the correct location! Fun Right??? I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment